As I deal with crippling baseball-related depression, I offer up some random stories and thoughts from the week… plus a cute fluffy animal.
- Jezebel presents a list of terms from children’s literature we should TOTALLY work on turning into mainstream slang.
- “Alpha” interview over on Ausiello. If you haven’t seen last week’s Dollhouse yet, DO NOT READ.
- Mindy Kaling is freaking awesome, as was evidenced by her kick-ass dance moves on last night’s episode of the Office, and now she’s getting her own show. This is exciting, but also sad because in addition to loving Kelly, I love Mindy’s writing (DUNDIES DUNDIES DUNDIES).
- Star Tours– the Disneyland ride– is getting redone. YoSaffBridge, look away. Boba Fett and prequel characters are involved.
- You know how Stephen Colbert got a treadmill named after him in on the Space Shuttle? Here it is!
- Not a Trekkie (or Trekker, which ever you prefer) but I’m still very excited about the new movie. Early review (with spoilers) is here.
- Milo Ventihoweveryouspellit (okay, I copied and pasted, it’s “Ventimiglia”) wants to know, if Indiana Jones and Han Solo got in a fight, who would win?
- Folks, I genuinely liked last nights episode of Parks & Recreation. I was predisposed to like the show because a) Amy Poehler, b) Mike Schur (Ken Tremendous, I miss you!) and c) I love the theme song. Seriously, it’s so much fun! Last night was fun, and I really love the the central relationship on the show is between two women (a, contrary to appearances in the episode, platonic relationship).
- Stephen Colbert: geeky dreamboat (I mean, duh!). I glanced through that book the other day, and I found a shockingly, well maybe not for me but still, high number of my celebrity crushes on that list. Though, I didn’t see David Tennant (glanced, might have missed him) which I think is a shame. Let’s be honest though, Stephen Colbert is king of the nerds. KING.
- Haven’t watched Scrubs in a while, but I caught the finale and it was, honestly, amazing. Reminded me of all the things I loved about the show, all of the things it could do very very well, and yes, it made me cry. Even if you’ve been out for a while, catch it.
- If THIS HAPPENS, I will die happy. NPH and Betty White. It might be too awesome.